INTRODUCTION AND OVERVIEW
- This policy covers every interaction you have with us and includes when you use our website, talk with us on the phone or meet with us in person. Examples used in this policy don’t cover every situation.
- This policy provides for how we collect, protect, share and use personal information. Personal information includes all information for example:
- your personal details including your name, company email, and position within your organisation which verify your identity and other information;
- information we collect through our website and through other web-based services which we use to deliver our services to you;
- signatures, data, text, images.
- We may use personal information at our discretion in accordance with New Zealand or Australian Laws and our obligations to you. We will only use information if we are allowed to do so: if you consent to our use of it; in the completion of our services to you; or to meet our legal obligations.
- If you give us personal information about any other person, please ensure you have their consent to do so first.
- In this policy:
- Opmetrix Limited (Opmetrix) means the duly incorporated company (850714), having its registered offices at Level 1, 61 Mandeville Street, Riccarton, Christchurch, 8011, New Zealand. Opmetrix Pty Ltd ( Opmetrix) means the duly incorporated company ABN (64127462015), having its registered offices at level 3, suite 10, 46-50 Kent Road, Mascot, NSW, 2020, Australia.
- ‘Opmetrix’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ mean Opmetrix Limited and Opmetrix Pty Ltd.
- Related Companies mean companies that may have access to information or that we may share information with.
- ‘You’ and ‘your’ means each of our customers and includes persons who sign our terms of engagement, give us any personal information on behalf of a person who signs our terms of engagement, or otherwise engages our services.
- ‘Privacy Act’ means the Privacy Act 2020 and any amendments to that Act.
- ‘Personal Information’ means information about an identifiable natural person.
- ‘Information’ includes information about identifiable natural and corporate persons.
CHANGE OF POLICY
- We reserve the right to change this policy at any time. We may make changes at our discretion or to ensure compliance with any New Zealand or Australian Law.
- We will display a copy of this policy via hyperlink on our website, and will provide a copy to you on request.
- We work with third parties in a number of capacities so that we can provide our services to you.
- We sometimes consult with other professional service providers including but not limited to ERP providers and/or ERP consultants, technical 3rd party providers and their employees and any other support personnel. We will only share personal information with other professional service providers with your written permission.
- We work with other agencies to protect and manage your personal information. We have policies that require those agencies to have measures in place to ensure that your personal information is kept secure:
- We engage private companies to manage our electronic data and to protect it from malicious attack. We give them access to our systems to facilitate efficient management and allow our systems to be updated.
- We engage companies to host our cloud based servers.
- We engage companies to insure us from business risks.
- We will not disclose personal information to third parties except as required or permitted under New Zealand or Australian Law, or with your consent.
- We occasionally provide you with links to third-party resources. We are careful which websites we link you to, but we aren’t responsible for the way that they treat your private information and we do not provide any warranty express or implied for the accuracy or security of their content.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We use personal information when you engage us to provide our services to you.
- You can choose not to give us your personal information, but this will limit the services we can provide.
- We will keep your contact details securely stored on our systems so that we can contact you to discuss the service we are providing to you. Your contact details may include, telephone details, email addresses and physical addresses.
- We may use your personal information to let you know about any updates to our software which we think will affect you.
- Generally, we will only use, disclose or exchange your personal information as follows:
- to provide the products, services or information you have requested from Opmetrix;
- to register your handheld and server licenses;
- to assist us to make Opmetrix’s services and products more valuable and useful to our customers;
- to third parties where we have retained those third parties to assist us in our business, such as to improve our products and services, to provide the products or services you have requested, or to assist us to coordinate events or promotions. These third parties could include authorised Opmetrix helpdesk operators, our distributors and our professional advisers such as lawyers and accountants; and
- for direct marketing of products or services and to keep you informed of new developments, offers and activities we believe may be of interest to you. If we contact you in this way without obtaining your prior consent, we will provide you with the opportunity to decline any further marketing communications.
- We are required to comply with a number of New Zealand or Australian laws and some overseas laws. We may have to use personal information to do so.
- As part of your employee or contractor requirements, you may be presented by the Opmetrix App to collect device physical location information in the background when you are not using the app, eg if your device is turned off or if the app is not open. This background location information can be used:
- to automatically record the time of day when you when you leave an outlet/store/customer (geofence)
- to provide information of your whereabouts in order to coordinate with your co-workers or other contractors who is the closest available person to respond to a request (dispatch)
- to record information for store visit compliance as per your head office’s auditing requirements (compliance)
- to record mileage for reimbursement (mileage)
Your location information is only shared with your head office, but can be accessed by Opmetrix support staff on-request by your head office administration team. You can temporarily disable access to location information within the app by toggling the “On Duty” slider, or by setting your start-of-day/end-of-day time (if available). You may also opt-out of these features at any time by revoking access to location permissions in your device’s privacy/app settings pages.
If you would like any further information, or have any queries, problems or complaints relating specifically to the Opmetrix App Privacy Statement or our information handling practices in general, please contact us.
HOW DO WE STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- Mostly, we store all personal information either electronically or physically in New Zealand. Sometimes, your information is stored or transferred overseas so we can continue providing our services to you in the most efficient manner. Personal information that we store is held in locations managed either by us, or by third parties. Electronic personal information is stored securely on cloud based servers. Your electronic information is only available to Opmetrix and its agents.
- We are required under a number of different New Zealand or Australian laws to store information. We are required to keep some personal information for 7 years,
- The company that independently manages our servers actively monitors them to ensure that your information is safe and assists us in preventing cybersecurity breaches.
- Staff members provide the same level of security for personal information, when out of the offices, as if the information was in the offices. For example, if working from home, the staff member must not allow that personal information to be accessed or accessible by family members.
- If we have a reason to believe that there has been a breach of the privacy of personal information, we will assess the degree of harm likely to flow from that breach and take appropriate steps to minimise that harm. If, in our assessment, we consider that the breach is likely to cause serious harm, we will notify the Privacy Commissioner as soon as practicable after becoming aware of that privacy breach.
ACCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You have the right to access all of the personal information we hold on you. We can provide this digitally, or we can provide you access to any physical copies of your information. We will do so within a reasonable time. You can also give someone else authority to access the personal information we hold on you on your behalf. Persons who have legal authority can access personal information. For example, directors of companies can access information relating to that company.
- We do not usually charge a fee for providing you access to your personal information. However, there may be some situations in which a fee may apply.
- If you wish to change personal information we hold about you that is out of date or inaccurate at any time please contact us. After notice from you, we will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date where appropriate. If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know and we will delete that information wherever practicable.
- We may refuse your request to access, amend or delete your personal information in certain circumstances. If we do refuse your request, we will give you reasons for our decision and, in the case of amendment, we will note with your personal information that you have disputed its accuracy.
- If you wish to contact us about matters concerning the privacy of your personal information, please get in touch with our admin team: